Tuesday 15 March 2016

DAVIDsTEA "Pistachio Ice Cream"

Today was a lot chillier than usual, which is quite the positive change from February, which, according to Obama, was record-breaking in terms of warmth. Of course, being stuck in a temperature-regulated office for eight hours a day, I'm thankfully free from the frosty bite. I apologize for being absent from this blog since August 2015... holy moly, I haven't updated it forever! This blog was always meant to be a writing blog, but it's only now that I'm starting to write creatively again. I'm finally used to post-graduate Adult Life (although career changes might be in my future), and with studying and essays out of the way, I finally have all the time in the world (read: between 6pm and 12am every weekday) to fulfill whatever creative whim floats my way. 

To get back in the writing kick, I have started working as a content creator at Vivalife, though this website has not launched just yet. I have published an article on the best Japanese restaurants downtown, and though some of my personal recommendations didn't make the ultimate cut, I'm still pretty proud of this article. I put in quite a lot of time (and quite a few episodes of One Piece) into writing it, so I was really happy when my editor said she liked it. I will also be posting little excerpts from personal projects on here, mainly for my own benefit, so that I can look back in the future and see how I've improved. 



Today, I want to talk about the Pistachio Ice Cream tea from DavidsTea. This one is limited edition for springtime only, though some stores might have stock even after. I had this over the weekend when I worked a shift at Body Shop, so I didn't get the chance to take a picture; even if I had had the time to snap a pic, it would have just been a picture of my take-out cup, with my name hastily scrawled across the lid with a Sharpie. Not exactly Kodak worthy! Here's a picture of the tea leaves themselves from the official DavidsTea website. 

The pistachio ice cream tea is, just like the sweet it's based off, the perfect blend of salty and sweet. Mixed with honey, it's absolutely divine, almost like a tea latte without the foam. The lady at the store did tell me that the tea is VERY suited to be in a tea latte, but since I was already paying for my coworkers' tea lattes, I was a little 'eh' about it. I regret it now - it's only $1 difference, really! It's a shame that the tea is limited edition, because it's already crawling up the ranks of my Favourite Davidstea Teas. I will have to buy some of the tea myself to brew at home to really decide, though; I found it watered down when I drank it because DavidsTea employees are notorious for adding way too much milk. I will have to make it myself the way I like it, I guess, in order to fully appreciate the tea. 

Pistachio Ice Cream
Brand:
 DAVIDsTEA
Type: Black tea
Caffeinated: Low
Price: $8.75/50 g - eh
Flavour: 9/10 - delicate and harmonized, but I personally don't like the flavour of rooibos
Recommend: 99%

No comments:

Post a Comment