Wednesday 23 March 2016

Leap Wishes

For all I consider myself an 'aspiring novelist', I haven't been writing as much as I was in the past. There's something about adult life that kills my muse, but it might also be that since I have less time for leisure time, I try to get the most out of it. Obviously, writing is not the top of my 'leisure' list!

In my spare time, I do keep writing just so I can stay in practice. My inspiration during these writing sessions is from, embarrassingly, my Sims. I write stories about my Sims 3 legacies, and it's actually pretty good in terms of practice. If I write in a diary form, I can work on different voices, which is something I always struggle with, since I can only write as 'me'. If I write in semi-omniscient third person, I can work on my prose. I can work on world-building and description, since I can't rely on pictures as I usually do for Sims stories. It's pretty great fun, and I'm quite happy with it.

I'm thinking I might post some small samples online so you guys can see what I'm talking about. But, of course, I will have to polish them first. Keep an eye out for that! I will probably include family trees or something as my Sim family gets along in the generations, but that's mostly just for my own fun. I don't know if you guys know, but I LOVE the Sims. Now that I'm focusing all my attention on this blog rather than my other blogs, you can expect lots of Sims rambling!

No comments:

Post a Comment