Thursday 2 April 2015

Beauty Regime (Current: April 2015) ... mostly Body Shop products

This little blurb will be something I put up from time to time so that I can see what works and what doesn't in the future when I pick skincare and beauty products. This isn't a complete list, of course; I have masks and night creams and the like I didn't put on here. This is really the regime that I use on my way out of the house.
I will include pictures when I get back to my apartment; it's been work-and-school hell for me and it's a lot more convenient to stay in the downtown area with my mom. But that also means some of the products on this list aren't here.
A LOT of these products are from The Body Shop, so be warned.




1) Wash face with Body Shop Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash

  • Tea tree in general tends to have a bit of a drying effect on skin, but I have combination skin that leans towards the oily side, so I don't need to worry about that. I bought the Cool & Creamy wash because it didn't exist when I was a kid, and I was curious. 
  • It doesn't have any of that kind of mint-fresh buzz that some of the other tea tree stuff have, which I think is nice because I personally don't like it. But for those who think that the tea tree bzzzt feels great on their skin, I recommend just the normal tea tree facial wash.
  • I have terrible pimples around this time of life because school stress (ALMOST DONE THIS SEMESTER & UNI THOUGH!) so the effects are not as visible, but when I first started using the C&C wash around December, I noticed my skin clearing up almost immediately.

2a) Tone face with Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

  • I generally use my hands which is a terrible idea because I use so much toner at once and it's just not sanitary, but I've been too lazy to buy cotton pads (they sell them right at my workplace, so you can tell just how lazy I am). 
  • Usually, just leaving the house and getting on a skytrain somehow gets my skin all sweaty and oily and shiny, but ever since I started using this toner, I've been getting a matte look throughout the entire day. Finally!
  • The smell is not my favourite but it grew on me (like algae on a boat). I don't mind it as much now.
2b) * Apply Body Shop Drops of Youth serum
  • I don't do this when I'm at my apartment; I only add this step when I am at my mother's.
  • I don't think I've used it often enough yet to see results, but the annoying tiny acne scar on my cheek is no longer as big. I think!
  • SO I thought this was toner for about a month ... oops. This is not a toner, it's an essence, which is basically a concentrated blend of ingredients meant for a specific skincare purpose. In this case, it's to lighten and even skintone. 
  • I bought it around Christmas out of curiosity, because at that time, Moisture White was not a line that all Body Shops in the area had, and I was attracted by the 'good for Asian skin' line. I wanted to see why! 
4) Moisturize face with Body Shop tea tree skin clearing lotion
  • Honestly, I am not seeing any drastic changes right now, but I also know that the reason my pimples are acting up can't be fixed topically at the moment. 
  • I don't believe this lotion really dries your skin like the rest of the tea tree products (it shouldn't since it's a moisturizer!) but I generally don't recommend it for people who are prone to dry skin.
  • I don't like the smell as much as I like the other moisturizers I use
  • I only use this one when I am at my mother's apartment.
  • This one's annoying. It matches my skintype but there is only one colour; I lucked out. Body Shop has a good exchange policy so you can try doing a straight exchange for another BB cream or just get your money back if you have the receipt.
  • I've gotten A LOT of compliments on my skin/makeup ever since I started using it. It's strange. I think it's because of the really good coverage. 
  • It contains SPF 25 so it's good for the upcoming sunny days.
  • I did not get this one myself; it was a gift from my dad's girlfriend. It didn't suit her skin because she is too dark, but it's fine for me.
  • I like it, but I find that it sometimes clumps. I think I might be using it too soon after I put on my lotion, though. The fact that I rarely put on a primer might also contribute to that.
  • I like the way it looks a lot on my skin, and I also like the way it is packaged.
6) SHISEIDO Integrate Loose Mineral Powder
  • It's really cheap in Taiwan at Watson's, so this is my go-to. I realize that this can be used just as foundation, but sometimes I find myself using it after to set it. I know I'm using it wrong.
  • I don't like it now though! It's dark for my current skintone and it's just on the edge of looking good and natural.
  • I bought this when I was in Narita Airport, changing flights on my way to Taiwan last year. It cost me so much yen that I could only buy one beer instead of the meal I wanted. 
  • It came with four little lip gels.
  • The thing with Jill Stuart is that I'm always so taken by the adorable packaging that I get biased and just say "I LOVE JILL STUART". In all seriousness though, I love Jill Stuart's cosmetics. I think they're really cute and give a young, girlish impression.
  • This blush is pink, like really really pink. It shows up super well on my skin because I am quite pale from spending day and night indoors. I get a lot of compliments when I use this blush.
8) SHISEIDO Integrate Black Eyeliner
  • This one is good; I find that gel pencil eyeliners that you can buy in Sephora are so sharp and hard. This one has more of a paintbrush-feel so you're not stabbing your eyelid every time you try to draw a line.
  • Despite how easy it's supposed to be to use this eyeliner, I find trouble with it running. It's not a problem with the product. It's a problem with my technique. I still suck at applying eyeliner properly.
  • There are so many lipsticks that I use, it would take ages to list them all and state what I like or dislike about them. So I'm just going to use the one that I always grab now. It's the Body Shop colour crush 205, which is known as "Passionate Pink". It's a bright red-pink that shows up really well on my skin, but then I have to be careful as to what I use as eyeshadow.
  • I had a more orange-pink one that I really liked but I'm not really sure where I put it...
  • I used to steal my mom's Dior lipsticks for work, but now I finally have my own. In a sense, this 205 is special because it is the first lipstick I actually bought for myself. All my previous lipsticks were from my mother.
10) Jill Stuart Jelly Lip Gloss
  • The lip glosses I use are limited edition ones from Japan that were only available during their promotion, therefore I don't have a link.
  • They are SO GLOSSY and now that I've started to tie my hair back, I no longer run into the problem of my hair sticking onto my lips when a wind blows, thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment