Wednesday 23 March 2016

Sciue Lasagna & Pastas

Daily Lasagna & Cafe Au Lait

It's a race against time as I struggle to at least finish the main Tales of Zestiria plot before the anime comes out, and before Tales of Berseria's release. It's been almost ten years and I still haven't finished Tales of Vesperia, so that's next on my gaming to-do list. What's that? Fire Emblem? Yeah... that's going to be on the back burner for a bit.

Today, I want to mention that I love Sciue. It's not pronounced sck-ewy, like my friend suggested. It's apparently pronounced shoo-eh. My coworker was surprised when I told her that, as she said she and another coworker always avoided mentioning it by name because they weren't sure how to pronounce it. I think it's a little alienating when your customers can't pronounce your business name, but the Sciue on Pender Street at least is doing great. There's always a lunch rush when I go, and for good reason. Its fresh-tasting pastas and breads are a-maze-ing.

They always include a little piece of bread with the pasta, and the bread is always just the right level of warmth and chewiness. I usually forego getting a drink there, preferring to grab some Tim Horton's on my way back to the office so I can roll up my rim. But I was in a 'treat yoself' mindset when I got my lasagne; the cafe au lait was really nice, but I let it cool too much while I played Fire Emblem the day I took this picture. It was still a lot better than the stuff I get from Tim Horton's, though Sciue would probably balk at being put on the same level as Timmie's.

The lasagne was nice and filling, though nothing special. I had a particularly nice pasta there a few days back that had pesto mixed in with the tomato sauce, with sausages and mushrooms. The pasta there was a lot harder than I was used to, but it was actually really delicious; I feel like the extra texture made it seem a lot more than it was. I might start making my pastas closer to al dente from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment