Wednesday 6 April 2016

Yu-Gi-Oh! TFSP WIP: 'Basic Magician Beat'

A common advice for bloggers is to write about either what you know like the back of your hand, or what you love. I generally write about what I love, because the only thing I know like the back of my hand is the back of my hand. So what do I love? In general, I love Yu-Gi-Oh! and I love to make fun of myself. I've been playing Tag Force Special on the PSP since October 2015 and it's truly. It's truly wonderful. I highly recommend it to anyone who has a PSP (or an emulator) and has a love for Yu-Gi-Oh!. It's great for fans of both the anime and of the game.

Something to keep in mind with Tag Force Special is that you have to slowly unlock cards by 'purchasing' booster packs with DP. I don't have all the cards yet, so some of my decks are incomplete! I'll probably be adding on to them as I get more cards. The reason I'm putting these up while they're technically incomplete is that if anyone has any advice for me, I can take them into consideration a lot easier than if I already had a 'complete' deck!

Today, I'm going to talk about my magician's deck, which I use when I tag team with Yami Yugi. I don't usually like using magicians, so this one is hard for me to use properly unless I have his support.





MAIN DECK

MONSTER (22) MAGIC (14) TRAP (4)
Dark Magician x3 Dark Magic Attack x1 Call of the Haunted x1
Gemini Elf x1 Diffusion Wave Motion x1 Dimension Wall x1
Apprentice Magician x1 Gold Sarcophagus x1 Magic Cylinder x1
Battle Fader x1 Gravity Axe - Grarl x1 Mirror Force x1
Blast Magician x1 Horn of the Unicorn x1
Breaker the Magical Warrior x2 Lightning Vortex x1
Chaos Command Magician x1 Mage Power x1
Chaos Sorcerer x1 Magical Blast x1
Dark Eradicator Warlock x1 Magical Dimension x1
Dark Magician Girl x1 Monster Reborn x1
Defender, the Magical Knight x1 Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Element Magician x1 Spell Absorption x1
Herald of Creation x1 Swords of Revealing Light x1
Maha Vailo x1
Mythical Beast Cerberus x1
Rapid-Fire Magician x1
Skilled Dark Magician x2
Tsukuyomi x1

EXTRA

XYZ (6)
Evilswarm Ouroboros x1
Gem-Knight Pearl x1
Grenosaurus x1
Melomelody the Brass Djinn x1
Muzurhythm the String Djinn x1
Number 39: Utopia x1

The Basic Magician Beat 1.1 is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. It's a no-frills, no-bells magician deck centred around keeping the Dark Magician on the field while keeping up a constant attack using high ATK monsters. There is no focus on spell counters. There isn't even a true focus on the Dark Magician other than the DMG and Diffusion Wave Motion. At the point of this deck's creation, I didn't really have any magician support cards in my trunk and by the time I got them, I was over magicians. They were so passé.

I will be creating a Dark Magician-centred deck in the near future, along with a deck focused on spell counters. Both decks will build off of this deck, since it's easier improving a frame than it is building a completely new one, in my opinion. The reason I didn't fixate on spell counters while designing this deck is because this beat deck is for tag team use, and I worried that spell counters would confound the AI a little LOL.

What do you think about this magician beat deck, and what cards would you add to improve it? Apart from Djinn monsters, I'm actually at a loss of what kinds of spellcaster monsters I should put in the Extra deck, so some suggestions for good spellcaster Xyz monsters would be nice! (For this deck, I will only be focused on Xyz in the ex deck).

No comments:

Post a Comment