Monday 18 April 2016

Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Clay Mask

Last night was probably my fifth time using the Origins Clear Improvement charcoal mask so I feel like that's enough times for me to make a definitive decision on whether or not I like it. 

So, do I like it? Well, yes.

Do I think it does anything for my pores? Yes, but it's not life-changing in any way. I still have to use it once a week or else my pores will start being crazy again. But I feel like that's the way it is with all clay masks. There is yet to be the holy grail: a mask that will make your pores virtually invisible ... forever.

My skin is quite on the oily side, and I wear quite a bit of makeup and powders in my daily life, so my pores get gross pretty fast. Generally, I use the Origins mask once a week, and I find that's enough, but I have to make sure I actually use it once a week. I find that while it helps make my pores seem smaller, it doesn't do anything for the tiny acne scars I have, which is fine because I never expected it do to anything. Maybe it's the placebo effect though, but I find they're not as aggravating to look at after I use this mask.

I really like how there's no smell to the mask save for kind of salty smell that I assume is the clay. I actually really enjoy the tight feeling of clay masks, and this one dries up pretty fast unless I use it literally right after I wash my face while it's still wet. I generally leave it on for fifteen minutes while I do other stuff, and it's easy enough to wash off. 

It wasn't crazy expensive; I got it from Sephora for about $25.00, so it was a good middle ground for what I'm willing to shell out for a mask. 

Recommend: 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment